Equality at the CSIC
The CSIC Delegate Commission for Equality was launched as a result of implementing the Plan for Equality between Women and Men at the AGE (General State Administration) and its public institutions. This Commission includes representatives of the Trade Unions and the Administration and its activity entails the diagnosis and proposal of actions regarding gender equality affecting CSIC employees.
With respect to its actions, the Plan for Equality between Women and Men at the CSIC was approved in December 2013 as a result of a process of reflection on the existing needs to guarantee effective equality.
Although important objectives were achieved by this first plan, the pre-existing gender equality gap called for the promotion of various actions, which led to the approval of the second Plan for Equality between Women and Men working in the General State Administration, and its public institutions, in November 2015. In order to continue identifying and removing the glass ceilings hindering employee opportunities, the CSIC took part in this action and approved its second Plan for Equality between Women and Men in December 2015.
The Plan for Equality is evaluated annually in order to assess its success and, if needs be, reformulate its objectives, indicators and measures implemented.
Actions undertaken by the CSIC Delegate Commission for Equality include the launching of the "Gender Equality Accreditation Seal" in 2018, in close collaboration with the Women and Science Committee. This initiative gives special recognition to the CSIC units, centres or institutes that promote the gender perspective as a transversal category in all aspects of its day-to-day running as well as adopting measures to remove the hurdles faced by women in the course of their profession.
Equality Plan (Spanish only):
The second Plan for Equality between Women and Men at the AGE and its public institutions
Implementation of the Equality Plan between women and men at the CSIC State Agency
- Diagnosis of the situation: Design and Implementation of Equality Plans at the CSIC.
- Second Plan for Equality between Women and Men at the CSIC.
- Evaluation (3) second Plan for Equality between Women and Men at the CSIC.
- Evaluation Annex (3) second Plan for Equality between Women and Men at the CSIC.
Protocol for action against sexual harassment and harassment on the grounds of sex in the scope of the AGE and associated public institutions
- Resolución de 28 de julio de 2011sobre el protocolo de actuación frente al acoso sexual y al acoso por razón de sexo en el ámbito de la Administración General del Estado y de los Organismos Públicos vinculados a ella.
Prevention and intervention protocol against sexual harassment and harassment on the grounds of sex at the CSIC
- Resolución de la Secretaría General del CSIC por el que se aprueba el protocolo de prevención e intervención frente el acoso sexual y por razón de sexo en el CSIC
- Modelo de denuncia por acoso sexual o por razón de sexo