- INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACION EN CIENCIAS DE LA ALIMENTACION
- Head researcher
- M.VICTORIA MORENO ARRIBAS
Wine Applied Biotechnology
The group consists of experts in oenology, with extensive experience in research and visibility of the study of wine and its derivatives. Our research seeks to address and anticipate future demands of consumers, wine companies and relevant agencies.
The group addresses issues related to food safety and sensory quality of the wine, with special emphasis on oenological microorganisms and physiological properties of the wine and its components at the buco-gastrointestinal tract, including human microbiota. Our activity is included within the knowledge areas of microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, nutrition, instrumental analysis, sensory analysis and chemometrics, and techniques and protocols involves several complementary, involving since pure microorganisms until experimental animal trials and human intervention studies, through the use of simulation cell and gastrointestinal model systems.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet