Sustainable metal catalysis in organic synthesis
The research group is framed in the area of organic chemistry and its objective is focused on the development of new direct and effective methodologies within a context of sustainable metal catalysis. Chemical processes with high atom economy, formation of carbon-carbon and carbon-heteroatom (O and N) bonds controlling the stereochemistry are sought.
A typical example of reaction, with the characteristics described above, is the Prins cyclization catalyzed by iron (III) salts. This reaction allows us to access heterocycles of different sizes, both oxygenated and nitrogenous. We can also access fused cyclic ethers (bicycles, tricycles, etc.) with the desired stereochemistry and enantiopure form.
These synthetic methodologies are the tool that we can apply later in the synthesis of Natural Products, derivatives with biological activity, as well as approximations to the synthesis of different vaccines (ciguatera, etc.).
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Químicas
- Síntesis, reactividad y estructura
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE5 Synthetic Chemistry and Materials
- 7. Other
- 7.1. Other
- 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- 1.01. Understanding the determinants of health, improving health promotion and disease prevention