Statistical and Population Genomics_1
Our interests are to combine the development of methods / software with analyzing real data, both from a population genetics point of view and QTL / association analysis. The research goals during the last 4 years have been:
(i) the study of statistical methodologies to take advantage of the high throughput technologies, focusing on the search of the genetic causes of traits of interest (e.g., domestication traits). We have also developed statistical tests to detect extreme patterns of variation and developed software focused in the analysis of variability and in QTL /association analysis.
(ii) We have been interested in the study of empirical data, starting from single-locus strategies based on candidate genes to the analysis of genome-wide data using different sequencing and sampling strategies, in order to understand the patterns of the observed variability in Sus scrofa.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Producción y sanidad animal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS2 Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet