- INSTITUTO DE BIOLOGIA MOL. Y CEL. DEL CANCER DE SALAMANCA
- Head researcher
- ATANASIO PANDIELLA ALONSO
Signalling by receptor tyrosine kinases
Our research is focused in the understanding of the role of several receptor tyrosine kinases and their signal transduction routes in cell proliferation. Interest in the activation of RTKs by membrane anchored ligands has been a major focus of our laboratory with special emphasis on the study of the mechanisms responsible for the solubilization of membrane-anchored growth factors, and the biological properties of these factors in the membrane-anchored conformation.
In addition, the role of novel RTK signalling intermediates is being analyzed. To identify new signalling intermediates we use genomic as well as proteomic technologies. These studies allowed us to place novel intermediates such as P-Rex1 in signalling by RTKs.
In addition, our laboratory studies the potential antitumoral action of novel chemical compounds and biopharmaceuticals. These studies are largely carried out in collaboration with pharma companies.
- Biología y Biomedicina
- Biología celular y del desarrollo
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS3 Cellular and Developmental Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- 1.09. Transferring knowledge to clinical practice and scalable innovation actions