The research group of Biochemistry of Foods was born in 2000 as a division of the Marine Products Chemistry team to which they belonged, among others, Ricardo I Pérez Martín (Principal Investigator since 1988), Carmen González Sotelo (Scientific Investigator), Helena Pazo Malvido (Research Assistant) and Marta Pérez Testa (Research Assistant). Over the last years the group has grown with the incorporation of Dr. Maria Blanco (Research Assistant), Begoña Correa (Research Assistant) and Graciela Ramilo (Research Assistant, non permanent). Its fundamental lines of research are the genetic traceability of fishery products, the valorization of discards and fishing by-products as well as the study of the quality of fishery products along the food chain..
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Calidad y Seguridad Alimentaria
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS2 Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet