- INSTITUTO DE BIOLOGIA MOLECULAR Y CELULAR DE PLANTAS PRIMO YUFERA
- Head researcher
- MARIA MAITE SANMARTIN ARTIÑANO
Regulation of cell differentation in plants
Cell differentiation is an essential and necessary step for the development of complex structures in multicellular organisms. Despite its importance, very little is known about the molecular mechanisms underlying the activation of cell differentiation. Recently, the characterization of the binary switch MINIYO/RIMA in Arabidopsis and MINIYO ortholog in animals RPAP1 brought light on how this fundamental decision is activated. The research of our group focuses on understanding at the molecular level how cell differentiation mechanisms have evolved in order to unravel the common features that determine the activation of this fundamental decision. The final objective of these comparative studies is to identify the key factors, common in different organisms and responsible for triggering cell differentiation for their future biotechnological application.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Biología, bioquímica y fisiología vegetal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS3 Cellular and Developmental Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry