- CENTRO DE EDAFOLOGIA Y BIOLOGIA APLICADA DEL SEGURA
- Head researcher
- FRANCISCO A. TOMAS BARBERAN
Quality, Safety and Bioactivity of Plant Foods
The research group includes scientists who cover fundamental and applied reasearch on quality, safety and bioactivity of plant-derived food products. The group has a multidisciplinary approach with a strong background in: i) the analysis of phenolic constituents and their metabolites as well as other phytochemicals related to quality by targeted and un-targeted metabolomics, ii) the phytochemical bioavailability, functional foods, gut microbiota, and food and health, iii) postharvest technology and fresh-cut processing and iv) intervention strategies to reduce microbial risks during production and processing such as the use of disinfection technologies to assure the microbial quality and low chemical risks of fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Tecnología de los alimentos
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet