Pollen biotechnology of crop plants
We investigate the regulatory mechanisms of stress-induced plant cell reprogramming to embryogenesis, with special interest to microspore embryogenesis, key biotechnological process for improvement, regeneration and selection of high quality/adapted plants for agroforestry and industrial sectors. Our aim is to identify new intervention pathways and their determinant factors as well as the effects of small bioactive compounds over the process, with the aim of improving in vitro embryogenesis yield for crop and forestry plant improvement. The characterization of its regulating mechanisms will permit to exploit the process more efficiently for sustainable agriculture, selection of forest resources and environmental control.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Agrobiotecnología y mejora vegetal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry