- CENTRO DE EDAFOLOGIA Y BIOLOGIA APLICADA DEL SEGURA
- Head researcher
- MIGUEL ANGEL ARANDA REGULES
Study of the biology of plant diseases caused by viruses and their control.
Viruses are, after fungi, the main pathogens of plants. Therefore, the control of diseases caused by viruses has significant strategic importance. On the other hand, viruses are or can provide tools of great interest to study basic aspects of the plants physiology. Finally, viruses can be used in biotechnology for various purposes, including the expression of recombinant peptides in biofactory plants. The Plant Pathology group of CEBAS-CSIC works on research lines related to the above aspects, focusing its activity on viruses of agronomic importance for Mediterranean horticulture.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Interacciones plantas/organismos/medioambiente
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry