- INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACION EN CIENCIAS DE LA ALIMENTACION
- Head researcher
- M.PILAR CANO DOLADO
Phytochemistry and Fuctionality of Plant Products (BIOVEG)
The BIOVEG research group developed characterization studies on bioactivity, bioaccesability and bioavailability of constituents of plant tissues, that can be used as functional ingredients.
It also conducts studies on the use of methods of non-thermal processing of food, for better conservation ensuring their safety and improving the bioavailability of bioactive compounds (design functional foods). Also BIOVEG is performing studies about plant tissue structure changes due to processing (traditional or non thermal processing) and the bioactive compounds bioavailability. These bioavailability studies are performed using in vitro assays with cell lines Caco-2 and by digestion simulation using adynamic models and by in vivo assays on clinical human intervention studies.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- 1.01. Understanding the determinants of health, improving health promotion and disease prevention