Physics of the Earth's interior: Simulation, modelling and Observation (PESO)
A multidisciplinary research group consisting of physicists, chemists, geologists and mathematicians that exploits its transversal nature to investigate the Earth’s complex internal processes – from the dynamic lithosphere to the inner core. The group currently includes eight permanent IGEO members, along with technicians, pre-doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers. Its investigations are centred on palaeomagnetism, lithospheric structure and modeling, seismology and seismotectonics, geomagnetic field modeling and core structure and modeling. The facilities include palaeomagnetic and rock magnetic laboratories, along with seismic station networks, numerical modeling work stations and access to supercomputing systems.
The current group was created after the formation of the IGEO, in function of the synergies generated by its members and their significant history of previous collaborations.
- Recursos Naturales
- Ciencias de la Tierra y de la Atmósfera
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE10 Earth System Science
- 7. Other
- 7.1. Other
- 5. Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials
- 5.5. Developing comprehensive and sustained global environmental observation and information systems