Optical Radiation Measurement Group
Optical radiation is one of the most important sources for information and knowledge of the universe; therefore, research focusing on its measurement and detection is a key factor to guarantee that the extracted knowledge and information are correct. GIMRO’s activity is concerned with the experimental and theoretical knowledge about optical radiation measurement, from the ultraviolet to the near-infrared, and its interaction with matter, developing methods and absolute standards without the need to external reference or calibration. This activity includes a basic aspect (metrology) and an applied one dealing with the development of measurement systems, detectors and optical radiation sources.
GIMRO is an internationally respected group in this field collaborating with other research groups within Spain and across Europe.
Has been developing and maintaining the standards of the basic and derived units of the international system of units, SI, recognized as National Standards by
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Físicas
- Tecnologías Físicas
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE4 Physical and Analytical Chemical Sciences
- 3. Advanced materials
- 3.6. Metrology, characterization, standardization and quality control
- 5. Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials
- 5.5. Developing comprehensive and sustained global environmental observation and information systems