Nutrigenomics and Fish Growth Endocrinology
The group currently consists of two staff researchers and currently participates in five EU projects of H2020 (AQUAEXCEL2020, PARAFISHCONTROL, PERFORMFISH, GAIN, AQUAIMPACT). The research effort has been focused on the study of fish growth and the development and validation of new feeds in aquaculture, using integrative omic approaches based on the use new genomic, proteomic and metabolic tools in combination with ultra-low biosensors for the validation of discovery of new biomarkers of growth, behavior, stress and health of diagnostic and predictive value with gilthead sea bream as a model species. European funding together with that obtained in National projects and contracts with the industry is more than 7 million euros (2.5 million in the last five). In the 2014-2018 period, more than 50 papers have been published in first quartile journals, with over 1900 citations within the same period. The Group also plays an important training activity, both for research and technical staff.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Producción y sanidad animal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS4 Physiology, Pathophysiology and Endocrinology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.3. Innovative and competitive platform technologies
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.3. Unlocking the potential of aquatic living resources