Nucleic Acids NMR Group
The general goal of our research is to understand molecular recognition events involving nucleic acids. Such events are of key importance in a myriad of processes in Biology and Nanoscience. Increasing our knowledge of molecular recognition by nucleic acids will have an impact in the development of new therapeutical agents.
We think that knowing the three dimensional structure of nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, and their derivatives) is essential to understand these recognition processes.For this reason our group is devoted to the structural determination of nucleic acids, both alone and in complexes with proteins and small ligands.
With this aim, we use several spectroscopic techniques, especially, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR).
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Químicas
- Química Biológica y Médica
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS1 Molecular and Structural Biology and Biochemistry
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.3. Innovative and competitive platform technologies
- 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- 1.04. Understanding disease