Molecular plant/virus/vector interactions
Plant virus diseases in commercial crops seriously affect the yield and quality of the food on which we depend. The understanding at the molecular level of interactions between factors from the plant, virus and transmission vector that determine the severity of disease outbreaks is crucial to the design of biotechnology strategies that attenuate their effects. Our group studies them by a combined genomic, proteomic and functional approach.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Interacciones plantas/organismos/medioambiente
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS8 Evolutionary, Population and Environmental Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry