Molecular biology of Brucella pathogenicity
Our group pioneered the molecular approach to the genus Brucella aiming to colaborate in the solution of of a local problem with health, economic and social implication.
The interest of the group may be described as the study of the Biology of the genus Brucella, mainly of the inateraction of the bacteria with the eukaryotic host using methods of Molecular and cellular biology, high thoroughput methodology including genomics and transcriptomics.
Among other aspects we will analyze:
-The capability and consequences of erythritol metabolism in Brucella. Molecular details of the erythritol degradative pathway and its regulation.
-The role of the Brucella type IV secretion system in the invasion and colonization of host cells.
The group is scouting new objetives in the field of ambiental microbiology.
- Biología y Biomedicina
- Inmunología y enfermedades infecciosas
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS1 Molecular and Structural Biology and Biochemistry
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- 1.04. Understanding disease