The research group “Biotechnology of Microalgae” has focused its research activity in recent years on the photosynthetic production by microalgae of different compounds of commercial, industrial and energetic interest, such as carotenoids phycobiliproteins, lipids or alcohols. Based on the knowledge of organisms, the involved processes and culture systems, is intended to take advantage of the photosynthetic capacity of them to generate value products, while it helps to remove CO2 from industrial processes. Mainly pursued: to) select strains suitable for practical application; (b) verify in the laboratory their culture in batch, semi-continuous and continuous regime; and (c) assess the performance of the processes outdoors in open systems and closed photobioreactors of different design.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Biología, bioquímica y fisiología vegetal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS1 Molecular and Structural Biology and Biochemistry
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.4. Sustainable and competitive bio-based industries