Metallic Materials Processed by Non-Equilibrium Tecniques (MANOEQ)
The objective of the Group is the design, processing and study of alloys for structural applications at room and high temperatures. The materials studied are intermetallic , amorphous and nanocrystalline Al and Mg alloys and high entropy alloys. We have experience in techniques oriented to the design of nano / submicron structures such as rapidly solidification, mechanical alloying and ECAP, in electron microscopy (SEM, TEM, EBSD), X-ray diffraction and synchrotron and neutron diffraction.
Our lines are:
1. Design and manufacture using sustainable techniques for processing the aforementioned materials, optimizing their properties by controlling the microstructure.
2. Study of the mechanical properties in a wide range of temperatures by analyzing the mechanisms of deformation involved and their relationship with the microstructure.
3. Studies of the behavior and oxidation kinetics at high temperature.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Materiales
- Tecnologías y metodologías para el diseño y producción de materiales
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE8 Products and Processes Engineering
- 3. Advanced materials
- 3.4. Materials for a sustainable industry
- 3. Secure, clean and efficient energy
- 3.5. New knowledge and technologies