MARINE NATURAL PRODUCTS
We are interested in the chemistry of small molecules obtained from macro- (algae and invertebrates) or microorganisms (bacteria, actinomycete and fungi) from marine and also in their potential industrial application. We have generated a large collection of isolates of microorganisms. Our purpose is to ferment these isolates, and to select them through bioactivity screenings. Our strength as a research group is the ability to elucidate, within a short period of time, the structures and stereochemistries of the active products obtained from bio-guided fractionation of the crude extracts and our own collection of marine microorganisms. We carry out the structural characterization of molecules by means of the most modern spectroscopic techniques, High Field NMR and mass spectrometry.
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Químicas
- Química Biológica y Médica
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE5 Synthetic Chemistry and Materials
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.3. Unlocking the potential of aquatic living resources