Heterogeneous Photocatalysis: Applications
The group works on the development and study of materials with chemical functionality (photo-catalysts) in powder form, or in the form of coatings or films on different substrates, with the aim of their use in environmental photocatalysis applications. Through the development of different synthetic methods (sol-gel, microwave, hydrothermal, etc.) both structural and surface aspects of the materials are investigated in a controlled manner, in order to improve the efficiency and optical absorption properties in the visible range, as well as surface adsorption abilities of the synthesized photocatalysts.
The activities are aimed at the feasibility of transferring these investigations with the problems of real water treatment emerging from waste urban or industrial waters.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Materiales
- Materiales con aplicaciones en energía y medioambiente
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE5 Synthetic Chemistry and Materials
- 3. Advanced materials
- 3.7. Optimization of the use of materials
- 3. Secure, clean and efficient energy
- 3.5. New knowledge and technologies