Group of Contamination by metals
The GCM is a consolidated group whose main line of research has as objectives the reduction of pollution problems caused by the emission of toxic metallic elements in industrial processes and the control of the originating by-products. The most recent research has focused on the reduction of mercury emissions, producing non-toxic waste to contribute to compliance with the Minamata agreement.
In recent years, the group has also directed its research towards the development of solid sorbents for the capture of toxic compounds, and, in the future, the group will focus on the development of versatile and sustainable carbon foams for energy and environmental applications.
The group has experience and equipment to continue solving the pollution problems that arise in industrial processes, as regards air, water and soil.
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Químicas
- Química sostenible y Química y Tecnologías Medioambientales
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE8 Products and Processes Engineering
- 5. Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
- 5.1. Technologies for Factories of the Future
- 3. Secure, clean and efficient energy
- 3.5. New knowledge and technologies