The objective of the GlaSS group is the design, processing and characterisation of glasses, glass-ceramics and sol-gel materials, from the structural features to properties (optical, mechanical, chemical, thermal, electrical, etc) and applications. The research is organised in two sub-lines.
. Glasses and glass-ceramics produced by melting: nanostructure glass-ceramics for photonic applications, tight sealing for MCFC and SOFC, low T sealing with high chemical resistance, nitrided phosphate glasses for solid electrolytes of Li-batteries, energy saving in melting glass furnaces, etc.
. Sol-gel materials for energy and environment: including protective, anticorrosive and functional coatings on metals and alloys, nanostructure films with corrosion inhibitors, bioactivation of metallic alloys for prosthesis, metallic alloys for prosthesis, mesostructure coatings for photo- catalyst, photonics &solar cells, membranes for PEMFC, transparent glass-ceramics for photonics
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Materiales
- Materiales con aplicaciones en energía y medioambiente
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE5 Synthetic Chemistry and Materials
- 3. Advanced materials
- 3.2. Materials development and transformation
- 3. Secure, clean and efficient energy
- 3.5. New knowledge and technologies