- INSTITUTO DE CIENCIA Y TECNOLOGIA DE ALIMENTOS Y NUTRICION
- Head researcher
- M.PILAR RUPEREZ ANTON
Functional food from vegetables and health (ALIVEFSA)
Research group is composed by Dr. Pilar Rupérez senior Research Scientist, a Technician and a hired fellow.
Joint work with other Research groups at ICTAN-CSIC and Bromatology II Dept, Facultad de Farmacia, UCM.
- Value enhancement of plant byproducts from the food industry
- Preparation and nutritional evaluation in vitro and in vivo of prebiotics -oligosaccharides and dietary fibre - as a source of functional ingredients
- High hydrostatic pressure (HHP) treatment to improve functionality and bioavailability
- Evaluation in vitro and in vivo of bioactive compounds from edible seaweeds
Prebiotics, Microbiota, Nondigestible carbohydrates, Oligosaccharides, Dietary fibre, Agrofood by-products, Soybean okara, Seaweeds
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 7. Other
- 7.1. Other
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet