Functional Food Ingredients
Consolidated group in the UAM: one Full Professor, six University Professors, five Contracted teachers Doctor, an Assistant Professor and a Management Technician. In addition, it has international and Spanish phD students and postdoctoral researchers. The group coordinates official studies (Degree of Food Science, Master in New Food and Doctorate in Food Sciences) and collaborates in other degrees (Human Nutrition and Dietetics). It takes part in relevant projects of local, national, and EU Framework Programs.It works on transfer of technology through industry-university contracts, through the UAM Foundation. It has eight laboratories with modern equipment, preparative techniques and advanced analysis. The most distinctive feature is its contribution to the creation, start-up and operation of the pilot plant of the CIAL (300 m2) as a Pilot Plant for Food Innovation (NOVALINDUS Platform) at the service of R&D of OPIs and the industrial sector.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.3. Innovative and competitive platform technologies
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet