- CENTRO DE EDAFOLOGIA Y BIOLOGIA APLICADA DEL SEGURA
- Head researcher
- FEDERICO DICENTA LOPEZ-HIGUERA
The Fruit Breeding Group of CEBAS is one of the oldest groups in CEBAS. Its main activity is breeding of stone fruit (Prunus), mainly apricot, almond and plum. Many of the varieties developed by our group are widely grown in our country and abroad under license of the CSIC. Simultaneously we develop other complementary lines with its own independence on these species, such as:
Resistance to viruses.
The Fruit Breeding Group is one of the oldest groups of the CEBAS. Currently its main activity is the genetic improvement of stone fruit trees (Prunus), mainly apricot, almond and plum. Many of the varieties obtained by our group are widely grown in our country and abroad under the license of the CSIC. Simultaneously to the breeding activity we develop other complementary lines including:
Molecular markers applied to breeding.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Agrobiotecnología y mejora vegetal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS2 Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- 7. Other
- 7.1. Other
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry