Foodomics was defined for the first time by our research group in a SCI Journal (J. Chromatogr. A 1216 (2009) 7109; Anal. Chem. 84 (2012) 10150). In the Foodomics laboratory we develop and employ omics techniques (transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics) to study different aspects related with food and nutrition that were not possible to study few years ago with conventional approaches (including bioactivity, quality and safety of food at molecular level). Our research lines include: Development of advanced analytical techniques for food analysis, Development of functional foods and ingredients; Development of green processes based on the use of compressed fluids under a biorefinery approach; Food quality control and caracterization and Food safety.
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.3. Innovative and competitive platform technologies
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet