- INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACION EN CIENCIAS DE LA ALIMENTACION
- Head researcher
- FRANCISCO JAVIER FONTECHA ALONSO
Food Lipid Biomarkers and Health (BIOLIPIDS)
The group "FOOD LIPID BIOMARKERS AND HEALTH" begins its activity on January 1st, 2017, and arises from the need to initiate a new approach in the research of food lipids and its relationship with human health. Previously, all its members were part of the Lipids group.
Our main objective is the development of functional foods with added value (mainly dairy products), by improving the characteristics of their lipid fraction, to cover the basic nutritional needs and the demands of consumers for healthier and safer foods. These studies are carried out by enriching foods with lipids of high biological activity and their subsequent use in studies of dietary intervention in both animal models and humans, to correlate by analytical tools the variations that occur at the physiological level in both fluids and biological tissues (plasma, erythrocytes, etc.).
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet