Fish Reproductive Physiology
The research activity of the group focuses on the main following lines:
1) Study of the molecular, cellular and physiological basis of fish reproduction
2) Development of environmental technologies, hormonal therapies, genetic engineering and reproductive cycle manipulation to control and study fish reproduction.
Specifically the group activity is focused in the study of gonadotropins and sex steroids as key elements controlling gamentogénesis. Simultaneously, the group develops biotechnological tools to be used to control and manipulate the reproductive process of fish species, mainly marine, under intensive culture. Moreover the group also carries out studies on the role of environmental factors, such as photoperiod and temperature, on the onset of puberty and on the of the reproductive cycle .
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Producción y sanidad animal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS4 Physiology, Pathophysiology and Endocrinology
- 7. Other
- 7.1. Other
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.3. Unlocking the potential of aquatic living resources