- INSTITUTO DE BIOLOGIA MOL. Y CEL. DE PLANTAS PRIMO YUFERA
- Head researcher
- M.CRISTINA FERRANDIZ MAESTRE
Evolution and Development of Carpels, Fruits and Reproductive Meristems
In our group we are interested in fruit development and evolution. Our goal is to understand how carpel and fruit patterning is established, and what is the molecular basis of the morphological and functional diversity found in Nature.
We also are studying the genetic factors that control the lenght of the reproductive phase in monocarpic (annual) plants and thus, total flower and fruit production.
In addition, we aim to develop biotechnological tools for breeding of higher yield and desirable fruit-related traits in crop species
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Biología, bioquímica y fisiología vegetal
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS3 Cellular and Developmental Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry