- CENTRO DE EDAFOLOGIA Y BIOLOGIA APLICADA DEL SEGURA
- Head researcher
- CARLOS JAVIER GARCIA IZQUIERDO
Enzymology and Biorremediation of soils and organic wastes
It is assumed that SOIL is the base for food production its protection being consequently required. However, soils are degraded due to adverse environmental conditions, population pressure and / or policies not always appropriate. Land degradation results in a loss of organic matter and thus their fertility and productivity. To undertake soil restoration it is necessary to provide exogenous organic matter, based on conditioned organic wastes, to it in order to maintain sustainable production in this soil.
Description of performance levels: 1) On recoverable organic waste: selection and characterization, including the contribution of them to the greenhouse gases, 2) On the processes that can contribute to the valorization or proper recycling and disposal of organic wastes 3) On the definition of organic products designed "A LA CARTE" for specific uses. 4) On the binomial soil-organic amendment
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Sistemas de producción, suelos y aguas
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry