- INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACION EN CIENCIAS DE LA ALIMENTACION
- Head researcher
- M.NIEVES CORZO SANCHEZ
Chemistry and funcionality of carbohydrates and derivatives (PREBIOIN)
The growing interest of consumers for functional foods that provide health benefits beyond their recognized nutritional properties, requires advancing knowledge of the relationship between food ingredients and health based on scientific evidence as well as the design of new ingredients with specific properties. The previous experience of the group in carbohydrate chemistry allowed us to initiate studies on the synthesis of new multifunctional prebiotic carbohydrates using by-products of the dairy industries (permeate) and vegetable processing (artichoke, sunflower, tomato).
- Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos
- Alimentos funcionales y Nutrición
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.2. Sustainable and competitive agri-food sector for a safe and healthy diet