The group is recognized as Chemical Process Research Group by the Government of Aragon since 2002. It consists of a multidisciplinary team of researchers from the two departments of the Institute who have participated in national and European projects and research contracts with companies. Additionally, group members collaborate in university teaching activities and outreach.
The research activity of the group has been dedicated to coal and biomass fuels in areas such as increased efficiency and plant life combustion (coal line analysis and operational problems of using coal and / or biomass: slagging and fouling ) emissions control (particularly mercury, by developing new processes) and reduction of carbon dioxide emissions (capture and use as raw material for the production of other products).
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Químicas
- Procesos químicos y recursos energéticos
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE5 Synthetic Chemistry and Materials
- 3. Advanced materials
- 3.2. Materials development and transformation
- 3. Secure, clean and efficient energy
- 3.5. New knowledge and technologies