Chemical Biology is a discipline that studies the biological processes using chemical tools. In the last two decades there has been remarkable achievements in biology specially due to the application of chemical approaches based in the synthesis of molecules that are able to tune enzymatic activity or disrupt protein-protein interactions, design of new fluorescent probes, novel proteomic methods that allow the identification of new cellular targets and the development of techniques for the synthesis and modification of proteins.
Our main goal is the use of chemical tools to study and characterize diseases, and improve our knowledge of important biological phenomena, principally autophagy, lipid-protein interactions, signaling pathways such as Sonic Hedgehog and K-ras, and the regulation of the transcription by the design of artificial transcription factors. As a result, our scientific interests span organic chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics and medicinal chemistry.
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Químicas
- Química Biológica y Médica
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.1. Boosting cutting-edge biotechnologies as future innovation drivers
- 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- 1.04. Understanding disease