- INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACIONES AGROBIOLOGICAS DE GALICIA
- Head researcher
- MONTSERRAT DIAZ RAVIÑA
Biochemistry and Quality of Soils
Group constituted more than 25 years ago that has focused its research on: (a) organic matter, with particular emphasis on microorganisms (mass, activity, diversity), the main agents responsible for the functioning and, consequently, of the soil quality, b) the impact of degradation processes and the implementation of soil conservation/recovery practices. Simple techniques, based on biochemical bioindicators (ej. Microbial C, respiration, enzymatic activities) and highly specialized, based on microbial molecular biomarkers that analyze the structure or composition of microbial communities (e.g. phospholipid fatty acids) are used for this purpose. Future research will focus on the dynamics and environmental impact of emerging pollutants (e.g. the presence of antibiotics of human origin, derived from the application of organic wastes) on the quality of the soil-plant system.
- Ciencias Agrarias
- Sistemas de producción, suelos y aguas
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS9 Applied Life Sciences and Non-Medical Biotechnology
- 7. Other
- 7.1. Other
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry