- CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIONES BIOLOGICAS MARGARITA SALAS
- Head researcher
- MIGUEL ANGEL PEÑALVA SOTO
Aspergillus Cellular and Molecular Biology
A. nidulans is a genetic model for studying polarised cell growth and long-distance intracellular transport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_organism). Hyphal tip cells grow exclusively by apical extension, leading to tubular multinucleated cells where intracellular traffic is tailored to the needs imposed by the relatively large distances between apical and distal regions and between the different nuclei of the cell. Regulation of gene expression by ambient pH mediates fungal adaptation to environments with different values of pH.
- Biología y Biomedicina
- Biología celular y del desarrollo
- LS - LIFE SCIENCES
- LS3 Cellular and Developmental Biology
- 4. Biotechnology
- 4.2. Biotechnology-based industrial processes
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.4. Sustainable and competitive bio-based industries