ARTIFICIAL PERCEPTION GROUP
The Artificial Perception Group (GPA) specializes in combining and merging information from different types of sensors, and the intelligent and automated processing of this information to make decisions and solve a variety of complex problems.
The goal of the group's research has always been high-impact technology transfer. In recent years it has focused on agriculture, which is a strategic sector in Europe. In this context, the group’s work, which is environment-friendly, is aimed at both reducing water consumption and the amount of chemicals used in fields by implementing the automatic distribution of inputs adapted to inter and intra-field variability in crops. This kind of farm management is known as Precision Agriculture.
In short, the GPA is a multidisciplinary and well-positioned group dedicated to the design and development of perception-decision-action systems, with a specific focus on outdoor Mobile Robotics and Precision Agriculture.
- Ciencia y Tecnologías Físicas
- Tecnologías Físicas
- PE - DOMAIN PHYSICAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- PE8 Products and Processes Engineering
- 1 Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- 1.2. Next generation computing: advanced computing systems and technologies
- 2. Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- 2.1. Sustainable agriculture and forestry